Investor Education and Protection Fund (IEPF) forms are likely to be available on the IEPF portal (www.iepf.gov.in) w.e.f 25th August 2016.
Stakeholders are requested to plan accordingly . – as per message on website of IPEC & MCA.
Form 5 INV is Statement of Unclaimed and Unpaid Amount.
[Pursuant to rule 3 of the Investor Education and Protection Fund (Uploading of information regarding unpaid and unclaimed amounts lying with companies) Rules, 2012]
[source: www.mca.gov.in , www.ipec.gov.in]
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OF FORM 5 INV
- Refer rule 3 of the Investor Education and Protection Fund (Uploading of information regarding unpaid and unclaimed amounts lying with companies) Rules, 2012 on the MCA portal under the head ‘Acts & Rules’.
- The information to be provided in the eForm should be as on the date of AGM.
- Companies are required to file the form annually within 90 days from the AGM date.
- No fee is required for filing of this eForm.After the eForm has been filled, click the Pre-scrutiny button to pre-scrutinize the eForm. If the eForm is not pre-scrutinized, it shall be rejected when you attempt to upload the form.
After successful upload of form 5 INV, the Investor-wise details of unclaimed and unpaid amounts need to be uploaded on the IEPF portal using the excel template. The excel template can be downloaded from IEPF portal (http://iepf.gov.in/)
Steps to be followed to upload the excel file containing investor-wise details of unclaimed and unpaid amounts during the year
- Install the pre-requisite softwares to proceed. The path for the same is as follows: MCA Portal >> Investor Services >> IEPF >> IEPF Application >> Prerequisite Software
- The excel file needs to be uploaded within 14 days of upload of eForm 5-INV.
- Download the excel template from the IEPF portal.
- Download and install the excel tool kit. It is mandatory to install the tool kit before filling the excel template.
- Fill the required details in the excel file and save. Refer detailed instructions for filling the excel sheet below.
- Ensure that the correct details are entered in the excel file. The eForm 5-INVshall be marked as defective in the following cases:
• In case there is a mismatch in the CIN, company name/Bank entered in the excel vis-à-vis the information filed in the eForm;
• In case there is a mismatch between the sum of amount due in respect of all investors as entered in the excel file(s) vis-à-vis the total unclaimed and unpaid amount as entered in the eForm. It is suggested that the excel file should be prepared before filling the details in the eForm 5-INV.
• In case any excel file has not been uploaded within 14 days of upload of eForm 5-INV.
In case the form is marked as defective, its filing shall be rejected and it shall have to be filed afresh.
- Click on the link ‘Upload investor-wise details of unclaimed and unpaid amounts’ on the IEPF portal. The path for the same is as follows:
MCA Portal >> Investor Services >> IEPF >> IEPF Application >> Upload Investor details
- Enter the User ID, Password (provided in the acknowledgement at the time of upload of eForm 5-INV) along with SRN of Form 5-INV and CIN/CNBIN. Please ensure that the details entered are correct. Click on validate button. After the details are validated, upload the excel file containing investor-wise details of unclaimed and unpaid amounts.
- Multiple excel files can be uploaded in respect of a particular Form 5-INV, if required. All the excel files should be uploaded within the aforesaid time period.
- Total size of all the excel files uploaded in respect of a particular SRN cannot exceed 40 MB.
- Ensure that the correct details are uploaded as details once uploaded cannot be modified. To modify the details, the excel file with the same file name shall have to be uploaded which shall replace the earlier file.
- Once all the excel file(s) have been uploaded, you are required to confirm the upload of the details within 15 days of upload of the eForm 5-INV.
- Click on “Confirm Upload of unclaimed and unpaid amount details”. Path for the same is as follows:
MCA Portal >> Investor Services >> IEPF >> IEPF Application >> Confirm Uploaded files
- Enter the CIN /CNBIN and SRN details and clicks on “Confirm” button.
- On successful confirmation, status shall be changed to “Confirm Upload”. In case uploaded details are not confirmed within the aforesaid time period, then the same shall be automatically confirmed by the system.