Stating ITR due date extended for certain category person
The finance ministry in a tweet has announced the extension of income tax return (ITR) filing deadline by a month to August 31.
Upon consideration of the matter, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) extends the ‘Due Date’ for filing of Income Tax Returns from 31st July, 2018 to 31st August, 2018 in respect of the said categories of taxpayers.
For certain categories of taxpayers, the ‘due-date’ of filing income-tax return for assessment-year 2018-2019 is 31.07.2018. Upon consideration of the matter, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, in exercise of its powers under section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (‘Act’), hereby, extends the ‘due-date’ of filing income-tax return, as prescribed in section 139(1) of the Act, from 31st July, 2018 to 31st August, 2018.
1. PS to F.M./OSD to FM/PS to MOS(F}
2. PS to Finance Secretary
3. Chairman (CBDT), All Members, CBDT
4. All Pr.CCslT /CCslT /Pr.DsGIT /DsGIT
5. All Joint Secretaries/CslT, CBDT
6. Directors/Deputy Secretaries/Under Secretaries of Central Board of Direct Taxes
7. ADG(Systems)-4 with request to place the order on official website
8. Addi. CIT, Data Base Cell for placing it on irsofficers website
9. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, IP Estate, New Delhi-110003
10. All Chambers of Commerce
11. CIT (M& TP}, Official Spokesperson of CBDT
12. ADG(PR,PP&OL) for placing on twitter handle of the department